Friday, August 5, 2011

My Dream can you help it come real

Eastern Divisional 2009 – Lake Champlain, NY

I was on the Stage with the President of the as part of the 1st Ontario CBAF Team Video at the bottom of the page you holding my Camera on stage for weigh in Please read below & check the Video out at

FISH’n With CANCER BY Richard Elliott Jr

I had a Brain Fart yesterday lol on the way home from the Hospital, my wife was driving because I'm sick, Just Diagnosed with Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma, what ever but she doesn't talk much while driving because she hates big roads driving at night or in the rain or snow & drives SLOOOWWW so I had a lot of time to think on the way home about myself, the staff & volunteers that talked fishing & there were likely 20 Women while I was in the Hospital that said they did fish or would like to start to fish again or their Grand Father used to take them fishing, I thought I'm going to start a group called Fish'n With Cancer to raise money to help start An organization to take Patients &/or Family Members out fishing from a boat or shore for 1 hour to a full day of Bass fishing or multi species in a small or full size fig, in a local lake or to travel as far as needed to connect to get them on the water, possibly some of the Federation Guys that I belong too would take some of them out while they went somewhere to pre-fish for a Tournament, or just fun fish, I have talked to my Father, 1 friend & a Co-worker today & thought I'd see if you think something like this would make sense, I will be approaching my Employer & a few of our supplier ( Chapman’s Ice Cream for example), a tackle company or 2 for gear that could be stored in the area of Cancer Clinics Cancer Society Offices or some were, so Patients could take it home for use & return it as needed & at the end of the year donate all the funds to research except enough to start the new years expenses (I would like to contact a Legal Team or Lawyer & Accountant to set up a non Profit Organization & be the Chairman of the Board with a small Executive to get this off the Ground, were you come in would the Federation be interested in helping set this up cover it with insurance be the Main avenue to get Fisherman to take the Cancer Patient & a Guardian or Adult Patient or Family Member of A Cancer Fighter or Survivor.
Please answer honestly I don't mind honesty at all, I would like to start big enough to make a difference now & Grow but if I don't get support I'll start Locally & Small & grow as soon as possibly, back ground, In 1985 I was one of the key people that restarted the Scouting Organization in Teeswater Ontario which ended up with 75 youth from Beavers, Cubs, Scout, & Even Ventures for a year a few year later I Started the Teeswater Kids Archery Club which had with $10,000 dollars raised to have all the equipment we needed to have 64 Kids shooting year round for over 12 years & traveling to archery shoots from Sudbury to Ottawa to Windsor, I know I have the Balls to pull this off but I need Help with the Insurance, Legal & Accounting end of things & will be getting donation starting shortly.

Do you think the CBAF/TBF/FLW would be interested in supporting this the members could take a Cancer patient out & that could go Provincially/State wide/North American wide very quickly, more people interested the more Patients &/Or Family Member that could have a day away from everything fishing with a new friend, This would not be a 1 time deal if a Patient &/or Family member needs to get away more than once & we can handle it as all other Patients &/or Family Members have been fishing they could go once a month once a year or once a week the sky would be the limit if the support is there
Tight Lines Richard Elliott Jr

I would like to see the boater's be compensated for their expenses and all it costs them is there time on the water & no cost to the Cancer Patient &/or Family Member & if they can't afford to get to the lake Pay their mileage to make it happen at the end of the year Donate any access money to Cancer research & start over for the NEXT YEAR Tight Lines
Richard Elliott the Fish'n With Cancer FREAK

No comments: